Designed for our high-resolution image sensors, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR is a versatile lens that opens up a wide range of photographic possibilities. It delivers superb image quality across the entire frame and from any distance. Its 7.8x zoom range offers the versatility to capture everything from breathtaking wide-angles and gorgeous portraits to highly detailed close-ups. Its Vibration Reduction effortlessly eliminates camera shake to provide sharp, in-focus photos and videos.
IMPECCABLE IMAGES FROM EDGE TO EDGE
The lens’ state-of-the-art optics ensure breathtaking image quality across the entire 7.8x zoom range. Extra-low Dispersion glass eliminates reflections and flares to enhance contrast, while Aspherical lens elements minimise chromatic aberrations for exceptional image reproduction and sharpness right to the edge of frame. Complementing the optics is our Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which delivers ultra-quiet autofocusing with incredible speed and precision.
EXCELLENT HANDHELD AND LOW-LIGHT PERFORMANCE
Adding to the versatility of its zoom range, this lens offers effortless performance when shooting without a tripod or when the light is less than ideal. Our Vibration Reduction system greatly reduces camera shake when shooting handheld, providing an effect equal to 4.0 stops*. This not only eliminates blur, but it also allows slower shutter speeds for improved definition in low-light situations.
Nikon 18-140mm DX Lens
- DX-format compatible, high-power approx. 7.8x normal zoom lens covering a focal-length range from 18 to 140 mm (angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a focal length of 27 to 210 mm in FX/35mm format)
- High optical performance is realised with the employment of one ED glass element and one aspherical lens element
- VR (Vibration Reduction) minimises camera shake by offering a shutter speed equivalent to 4.0 stops* faster
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) is incorporated to ensure quiet AF operation
- Focal Length : 18-140 mm
- Maximum Aperture : f/3.5-5.6
- Minimum Aperture : f/22-38
- Angle of view : 76° - 11°30.'
- Minimum Focus Distance : 0.45 m/1.48 ft from focal plane